K083A is a Telehealth consultation that specialists can use to bill a consultation at the same price of a regular in-person consultation.
While this is convenient, unfortunately, it’s paid through increments of $5 - so, to figure out the units you first need to:
- Round down the amount for the original service to the nearest $5. For example A195A: ($215.65) gets rounded down to $215,
- Divide that amount by $5 ($215 ÷ $5 = 43).
- Submit K083A with 43 units.
As you can imagine - or have experienced - this is time-consuming and prone to errors. To remove the pain of math calculations you can now use the K083A Calculator.
How to use the K083A Calculator:
- Create a claim and add in your regular consultation (A195A)
- Click on the ‘Calculate K083A’ button and based on the codes you selected it will automatically calculate.
- Toggle ‘Apply E078A (+50%) if it applies.
Click ‘Fill’ and it will add in the current amount of units to your claim.