Submitting your claims to MSP on time is very important to ensure you get paid for the services you provide. The deadline to submit a claim to MSP is quite strict. Follow our tips to avoid lost income:
- The MSP deadline is 90 days from the date of service. We suggest submitting within 75 days. This helps account for transmission time, number of days in a month, and any pre-edit refusals.
- If a claim gets refused immediately by the MSP system (pre-edit refusal), then it has not officially been submitted.
- Claims submitted with Dr. Bill are sent to MSP within 48 hours. Please account for this delay in calculating your deadline.
- Check your account at app.dr-bill.ca often for any Refusals. These will be called "submission errors". We automatically correct and resubmit any refused claim. But, we may need more information from you. In that case there will be a notification under Billing Issues (top right of your dashboard).
- If claims are not submitted within the 90-day deadline, they will come back as a BV refused claim. Dr. Bill charges $75 for the completion of an over-age claim request form. While recovery is not guaranteed, we do have a high success rate at recovering these funds.
If you have any questions we would be more than happy to help!