00083 – Crisis intervention
Billable:Applies to situation when a physician is called to provide continuous medical assistance at the exclusion of other services in periods of personal or family crisis.
Fee Code: It is diagnostic code specific and applies in the following only and must be entered in the e-note.
- Rape [DX: 10A]
- Sudden Bereavement [DX: V790] Billed to survivor
- Suicidal Behavior [DX: 30920]
- Acute Psychosis [DX: 293, or any 293-311 codes]
MANDATORY E-NOTE: One of those reason must be detailed in the e-note. Example. "acute psychosis, patient extremely aggressive"
RULE: not a stand along item must be billed with a visit, timing of the visit must precede the 00083
- Visit or counselling – is considered first ½ hour of care
- Consult/CPS – is considered the first 1 hour of care
CALL OUT/CCFPP - Yes, can be billed with this fee code.
TIP: TIMING EXAMPLE: Pt is assaulted distraught, time spend 1400-1600
13200 – enter times 1400-1430.
00083 – enter times 1430-1600, e-note: “1430-1600 – assaulted/alleged”